Invoice: Delete An Invoice
|Required Software Version: September 2015|
|Legacy Instructions Available: Click Here|
- For policy invoices, requires Other -> Security System -> AR -> Policy Transaction -> Global.
- For quote invoices, requires Other -> Security System -> AR -> Quoted Transaction -> Global.
Delete an Invoice
- Load a client on one of the client tabs.
- Select the Invoices tab.
- Double-Click to open the desired invoice in Policy & Billing. (Alternatively, open the invoice in Policy & Billing using the Accounting tab or the Policy Dashboard)
- Select Invoice -> Delete Invoice.
- If the message "Can not delete invoice with items attached" is displayed, see the section below. Otherwise, select Yes to confirm.
- Select Exit to close Policy & Billing.
Delete an Invoice With Items Attached
An invoice cannot be deleted if accounting transactions are attached.
Identify the Attached Accounting Transactions
Attached accounting transactions can include:
- Client Payments
- Company Payments
- Producer Payments
- Journal Transactions
- Agency Fee Invoices or Open Item Matched (OIM) adjustment invoices.
Common attached accounting transactions can be viewed by opening each of the payment screens from Policy & Billing:
- Invoice -> View Balance -> Client
- Invoice -> View Balance -> Company
- Invoice -> View Balance -> Producer
(Alternatively, select the View Balance -> Client/Company/Producer buttons on the main Policy & Billing window.)
A complete list of accounting transactions can be produced by running an Invoice Query for the current invoice. From Policy & Billing, select Invoice -> Invoice Query. (From Example: One Client Payment (Cash) for $600.00).
Unapply the Attached Accounting Transactions
After identifying the attached accounting transactions, unapply the items using the steps below.
- Unapply Client Cash Payment From An Invoice
- Edit the Distributions on an Existing Check
- Unattach an Existing Journal Transaction from an Invoice
- Delete an Agency Fee Invoice
Once all items are unapplied, delete the invoice.
Delete an Invoice Listed as "Invoice Not On File"
If the message "Invoice Not On File" is displayed opening an invoice from the client's Accounting Tab or Invoices Tab, it must first be reattached to a policy transaction.
- Document the Invoice Number displayed on either the Accounting Tab or Invoices Tab.
- Select the client's dashboard tab.
- Select the (+) next to Policies. (To expand the band by default, see: Preferences)
- Left-Click the desired policy number to open the Policy Dashboard.
- Select Policy & Billing within the top toolbar.
- Verify the current transaction does not currently contain an invoice. (See images on right.)
- If the transaction is already invoiced, create a new temporary policy transaction for the unattached invoiced.
- Select Admin (Gear icon) -> Policy -> Attach/Unattach Invoice.
- Enter the Invoice Number and select Ok.
- The invoice is now attached to the policy transaction.
- Select Invoice -> Delete Invoice to delete the invoice. (If created, the temporary policy transaction (MIS) can also be deleted by selecting Policy -> Delete Transaction.)