Reconcile Producer Payables
Access to reconcile producer payables requires the following security:
- Setup -> Security System -> AP -> Reconcile Payables -> View and Entry.
- Setup -> Security System -> AP -> Check Transaction -> Entry.
- Setup -> Security System -> Profiles -> Producer -> View.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I hide ignored invoices from a reconcile report?
- How do I advance pay a producer their commissions?
Start a Producer Payable Reconcile
- Select Producer -> Reconcile Payables. (To process producer or company payables in a batch, see Reconcile Payables Batch.)
- Enter the Producer Code.
- Select the invoice Start Date and End Date.
- (Invoices before or after the date range will not be included in the reconcile payables results. See change default date range below to modify the default values.)
- Select OK.
Start a Reconcile: Additional Options
Change Default Date Range
- Select Producer -> Reconcile Payables.
- Select Other -> Change Default Dates....
- Select a different start and end date method, and select OK. (When prompted restart Agency Systems for the default date changes to take affect.)
Include a Department Filter
The list of invoices can be limited by Department Code, commonly used for agencies with multiple locations.
Select Producer -> Reconcile Payables. Next, select Other -> Show Department Filter.
The department code entry field will display below the End Date.
Process a Producer Payable Reconcile
After starting a producer payable reconcile, a list of matching invoices will be provided.
Step 1: Mark Invoices To Pay
Right-Click to view the list of available actions.
- To pay individual invoices, select Pay This Invoice In Full/Part/Trust Amount. (Trust Amount = Only pay the percentage paid by the client.)
- To pay all listed invoices, select Pay All In Full/Trust Amount.
Step 2: Verify Payment Details
- Select Payment Details... after marking invoices to pay.
- The Transaction Details window will display.
- If the producer will receive a payroll check with salary or expense deductions, see Producer Payables: Include Producer Commission in Payroll Check to select the correct bank code.
- Verify the Check Number, Check Date, and Check Type.
- Enter a short Description.
- Select OK when finished.
Step 3: Perform the Reconciliation
Once verified, select Perform Reconciliation to execute the following:
- Create a check transaction for the total payment amount.
- Apply the check payment to each of the marked invoices.
- Create a report available in the reconcile archive.
- Prompt to print the producer payable check if configured as Check Type -> Regular.
There are many additional options available in either the primary reconcile Right-Click Menu, or by selecting the reconcile window buttons.
- Add Invoices: Search for additional invoices by date, or invoice number to add to the existing reconcile window. This option can add fully paid invoices.
- Adjust This Invoice: See: Adjust an Invoice Using Reconcile
- Export to Excel: Creates and opens a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet of the currently displayed list of invoices.
- Ignore This Invoice: Ignored invoices are not paid when selecting "pay all" options. After selecting invoices to ignore, optionally select the bottom checkbox to Hide invoices that are being ignored.
- Save And Exit: Saves the pending reconcile as a reconcile in progress without posting any changes. See the section below to resume or cancel a saved reconcile in progress.
- Window: Red X: Exit without saving any changes.
Resume or Cancel a Reconcile in Progress
If a pending reconcile is saved, it can either be resumed exactly where the operator left off, or cancelled to start the reconcile process at the beginning.
- Select Producer -> Reconcile Payables.
- Select Load a Reconcile in Progress.
- Highlight the previously saved reconcile and select OK to resume, or Cancel This Item to remove the saved reconcile.
After a reconcile in progress is cancelled, the operator can now start a new producer payable reconcile for the same producer.
Review Reconcile Archive (Completed)
Previously processed reconciles can be viewed using the reconcile archive report.