Invoice: Adjust Producer Payable Commission for Expenses or Deductions
The procedure details the transactions required to adjust the Producer Payable (GL-2120) on either agency bill or direct bill invoices for non-invoiced reasons, such as cell phone expenses or health insurance premiums.
This process should only be used for one-time expenses, if the producer does not receive a recurring payroll check.
See: Producer Payables: Include Producer Commission in Payroll Check for recurring payroll entry including commission.
Find an Invoice for the Adjustment
- Select AP -> Reconcile Payables.
- Select Producer Payables.
- Enter the Producer's Code.
- Enter the desired Start Date and End Date for the invoices to be paid. Select OK.
- Write down any one of the listed invoice numbers which will be paid.
- Select the Red X to exit without saving or performing the reconciliation.
Adjust the Invoice
- Select AR -> Policy and Billing.
- Select the Search button.
- Select By Invoice and enter the invoice number from above. Select Ok.
- Double-Click the first invoice line.
- Select Adjust.
- Adjustment Details:
- Select Producer.
- Enter the Amount, and the Offset G/L. (To decrease the amount, enter as a debit. To increase the amount, enter as a credit (-).)
- Select Accept.
- Select Finish then Exit to close Express Billing.
Return to AP -> Reconcile Payables -> Producer Payables and the amount due will now reflect the adjusted amount.