Evolution Rating Integration (Capital Rating)
|Newton User Guide: Download|
|Required Software Version: Summer 2018|
|Legacy Instructions Available: Click Here|
The Evolution comparative rating integration is based on standard .AL3 download files.
In order to export files from Newton -> Evolution, your agency must be be downloading policies from your carriers.
Before You Begin
Rating integration has multiple security options and tiers of access. The upload security options can be configured to limit which clients a specific operator can export out of Newton.
Configure Newton Export to Evolution
- From the Main Menu, select Setup -> Upload Configuration. (If unavailable, Contact Agency Systems support.)
- Select New.
- Select Upload to Evolution.
- Leave all defaults. Select Ok
- Close the Upload System Configuration window.
Configure Evolution Export to Newton
- Open Evolution
- Select Set Up / Training.
- Select Management System Integration.
- Select Agency Systems Newton. If the option is not listed, you will need to update the Evolution software first.
- Change the drive letter from S: to if needed, and select Continue.
Export a File from Newton -> Evolution
Only policies previously downloaded from insurance carriers can be exported from Newton to Evolution.
- Configure Newton Export to Evolution.
- Load a Client on a client tab.
- Select the Download tab.
- Left-Click the (+) band to expand the desired policy number.
- Right-Click on the bottom or most-recent downloaded transaction and select Upload to Evolution.
- The Evolution software will automatically start the import process.
Export a File from Evolution -> Newton
Contact Evolution support for additional assistance.
- Configure Evolution Export to Newton.
- Complete a quote in Evolution.
- Select Upload / Integrate -> Agency Systems Newton.
- Evolution creates a file in the S:\EMPIRE\DOWNLOAD folder. (The drive letter can be altered as needed.)
- Switch to the Newton window from any machine in the office.
- From the Main Menu, select Company -> Download.
- Select Add Files.
- Highlight the NEWTON.AL3 exported file and select Open.
- Select to either use an existing client, or create a new client.
- Erase the quote number and the system will automatically assign a unique quote number. Optionally a number can be manually assigned.
- Update the Company Code for the quote if necessary. Select OK.
- The file has now been processed.