Newton Release Notes: Fall 2019
The Fall 2019 release is the next major version of Newton by Agency Systems.
Properties created by download will now decode the construction type and use the description instead of the code provided in the company download file. For personal lines, property construction codes such as 'F' will now decode to 'Frame', and 'M' will decode as 'Masonry'. The personal lines construction type was already decoded on the Acord 80: Homeowners Application.
For commercial lines, property codes such as 'J' will now decode to 'Joisted Masonry', and '1' will decode as 'Non-Combustible'. The commercial lines construction type will also decode on Acord forms such as the Acord 140: Property Schedule.
Commercial download sublocation descriptions will now download to both the ACORD 140 and ACORD 139 sections of a property schedule. The sublocation description previously displayed on the Download tab.
The sublocation field is designed to distinguish a sublocation from other sublocations at a given location. An example might be "3 story blue structure on the left of the main building."
Many companies choose to mirror the Occupancy Description exactly, while others use it to be more specific.
- Example 1
- Occupancy Description: PSYCHOLOGISTS (66341)
- Sublocation Description: PR Loc: 1 Sub: 1 PSYCHOLOGISTS (66341)
- Example 2
- Occupancy Description: PIZZA PARLOR
- Sublocation Description: 01 ST MAS NONCOMB BLD IN PRT CLS 02
Schedule of Hazards
Schedule of hazards will now populate the premium values and the remarks included with download risk data.
ACORD 126 (2016/09)
If there are more hazards than rows, the ACORD 211 is automatically created by download. This will become more common now that the number of hazards on the 126 has been reduced from 8 to 3.
The 211 Schedule of Hazards is created for additional download types such as BOP, and Commercial Packages that contain hazard schedules.
The option to create the 211 from download can be disabled if desired. Disabling the 211 will revert to creating the remarks form for hazards, unless it is disabled as well.
Certificate and Certificate Holder Attachments
The ACORD 25 Certificate of Liability Insurance form now supports attaching PDF documents and other files directly to the form. Files attached directly to the form are available to any holder or property interest on the form.
Individual certificate holders and property interests assigned to the form also support separate lists of attached PDF documents and other files. Files attached to a certificate holder are only available to the assigned holder on the assigned form.
After attaching files to the certificate or certificate holders, the process of emailing each individual holder or property interest on a certificate is completed in a single step, regardless of how many holders are on the certificate. The attached files will be automatically included as additional email attachments. Each holder will still receive their completed ACORD 25 Certificate of Liability Insurance form, plus any files attached to the holder profile and form.
Updated ACORD Forms
|1||Property Loss Notice||(2019/07)|
|2||Automobile Loss Notice||(2019/07)|
|3||Liability Notice of Occurrence/Claim||(2019/09)|
|4||Workers' Compensation - First Report of Injury or Illness||(2019/09)|
|60-MA||Application For Homeowners Insurance Inspection And Placement||(2018/09)|
|67||IL/IN/KY/WV Mine Subsidence||(2017/01)|
|68-FL||Residential Flood Property Supplement||(2019/07)|
|83||Personal Umbrella Application||(2016/04)|
|84||Dwelling Fire Application||(2016/11)|
|85||Mobile Home Application||(2016/11)|
|90-AL||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-AZ||Personal Auto Application||(2016/08)|
|90-CA||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-FL||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-ID||Personal Auto Application||(2019/01)|
|90-IL||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-IN||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-KS||Personal Auto Application||(2016/04)|
|90-LA||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-MA||Application For Motor Vehicle Insurance||(2016/09)|
|90-MD||Personal Auto Application||(2019/08)|
|90-MI||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-MO||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-MS||Personal Auto Application||(2016/07)|
|90-NC||Personal Auto Application||(2016/05)|
|90-NJ||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-NY||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-OH||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-OK||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-OR||Personal Auto Application||(2018/08)|
|90-PA||Personal Auto Application||(2015/12)|
|90-VA||Personal Auto Application||(2018/12)|
|90-WA||Personal Auto Application||(2016/12)|
|126||Commercial General Liability Section||(2016/09)|
|130-CA||Workers Compensation Application||(2019/01)|
|130-FL||Florida Workers Compensation Application||(2019/07)|
|135-NC||Application for Designation of Insurance Agency||(2019/03)|
|136-NC||Instructions for Completing 135 NC Application||(2019/03)|
|175||Commercial Policy Change Request||(2016/03)|
|304||Flood Insurance Cancellation/Nullification Request Form||(2018/08)|
|831||Professional / Specialty Insurance Notice Of Incident / Claim||(2019/09)|
|TruckApp||Truckers Insurance Application||(2019/07)|
Forms - Other
- ACORD 25: Certificate include the $ on output for other limits section
- ACORD 125: Applicant Information displays as address block instead of one long string.
- ACORD 175: Now imports driver "Commercial License Date" and "Date Experience Started" values from driver schedule.
- Truck App: Added "Combined Single Limit" and "Bodily Injury Each Person" limits. Added another line to cargo list.
- Vehicle, Driver, and Property schedules can now import from the client physical or mailing address.
- Cash: On-account client payment button now uses the default cash bank.
- Contacts: Display inactive client contacts in red/maroon on client dashboard.
- Contract: Class -> Memo Templates now includes class identification column for each memo.
- Download: Performance improvements importing ACORD XML eDocs files with multiple downloads and attachments contained in a single file.
- Email: Enable HTML links in view and compose email windows for additional link formats.
- Email: Updated MAPI component to version 22.214.171.124 (8354)
- Report: Newton Add-on Reports - Lola export now includes a column to show class code.
- Report: Newton Add-on Reports - Lola export now includes output files for inactive clients.
- Report: Newton Add-on Reports - Lola export now maps multiple risks screen types as homeowners; Dwelling Fire, Homeowners, Homeowners and Dwelling Fire, Mobile Home, and Renters.
- Setup: Updating local program files on client computes after Newton update is significantly faster.
- Submission: Now displays all three contact phone numbers. Labels are included to identify each as [W] Work, [H] Home, and [C] Cell. All 10 digits of the work extension are now displayed.